What is PEI Stormwatch?
PEI Stormwatch is a nonprofit group of volunteers who provide weather and travel information for the Canadian Province of Prince Edward Island.
Who is PEI Stormwatch?
PEI Stormwatch was launched in 2009 by Westisle Composite High School student Daniel Deziel as a way to notify his friends and fellow classmates of school cancellations and delays. Since then, it has evolved to numerous volunteers across the Province that notify the public on a wide variety of emergency alerts and advisories.
We provide updates for the following:
- Warnings, watches and statements issued by Environment Canada
- DOT advisories (Road conditions, closures, plows, ect.)
- Cancellations and delays for PSB, FLSB, Holland College and UPEI*
- Wide spread power outages
- PEI Office of Public safety advisories
- PEI Government cancellations and delays
*Cancellations and delays are announced by school board officials between 6:00-7:00 AM each morning. If no announcement is made by 7:00 AM, schools will be operating normally.