Welcome to PEI Stormwatch!
Weather and travel information for the province of Prince Edward Island provided to the public through our blog, Facebook and Twitter.
Who is PEI Stormwatch?
Founded in 2009 by Daniel Deziel, PEI Stormwatch is a non-profit group of volunteers located in various locations across PEI.
Alerts by Email
Sign up to receive our alerts by email by visiting our blog.
We provide updates for:
- Weather warnings, watches and statements issued by Environment Canada
- DOT advisories (Road conditions, closures, plows, ect.)
- Cancellations and delays for the Public Schools Branch and the French Language School Board
- Cancellations and delays for Holland College and UPEI
- Maritime Electric power outages
- PEI Office of Public safety advisories
- PEI Government cancellations and delays
School cancellations and delays are announced by officials between 6:00-7:00 AM each morning. If no announcement is made by 7:00 AM, schools will be operating normally.
We do not provide updates for:*Due to the number of requests*
- Business or event closures/cancellations/delays
- Child daycare closures/cancellations/delays
Please contact your local radio station to broadcast these types of announcements.